Introduction & off to a Mediterranean villa

I've decided to finally start blogging although my page has been setup for a couple of months. But now it's time. I will be posting entries about everything and anything.


One of my really good friends, Tressa, had mentioned that she wanted to start going to different restaurants in the DMV to experience the atmosphere and cuisine. I as well, wanted to do the same but could never find anyone to join me. So over a casual conversation, we decided that we go to two restaurants a month and share the experience with anyone who cared to listen. In addition to our restaurant tour, we will visit random places that we always wanted to see, heard about and document our journey.


So our first choice was selected because I received a gift card from Neyla, which is located in the back streets of Georgetown. The restaurant evokes the feel of a FAB Mediterranean villa (not sure how I got that feeling since I've never been to the Mediterranean). As Tress and I sat, we were immediately given pita (which tasted like Pizza Hut Breadsticks) along with yougurt and olives. It was a pretty tasty starter before the main course. In addition, Tress order the chicken shawarma and I believe Gambas a Pil Pil. I was too occupied with my entree, Chicken Shish Taouk (also known as a Kabob) that I didn't grab a taste of hers.


The meal was decent but nothing to do back flips over. If I were to go back it would be for drinks and to take pictures (my friends and I LOVE to play photoshoot wherever we go...yes it's a
game) because the decor in Neyla is gorgeous. See pics of our experience...

Location:
Neyla
3206 N Street,
NW Washington, DC 20007




6 comments:

Lulu195 said...

That's right - Arabic food represent!

Akshan said...

what up Mills... love the blog spot.

Deirdre said...

This is definitely a good medium for you to voice your thoughts...lol. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Crystal said...

You ladies look great. I love the thought that you are sharing your experiences. I'm always looking for new resturants to journey to.

Jodie said...

Hey Memes, love the blog. It's about time. I was thinking about checking out the "MiniBar". Have you been there before? If not, wanna go?

Post a Comment

Meme's Disciples