Bistro Laurent Tourondel...Try Saying That Three Times

The duo was at it again...We visited BLT Steak last Friday to continue our journey of restaurants. We braved the thunderstorm to head back into the city to try a restaurant that I've been dying to visit for years. When dining, I'm all about the ambiance and BLT has an up beat atmosphere with a menu to compliment it. If you're looking for a restaurant to share your deep, darkest secrets with a friend...this is the place to do it because no one else will hear you above the noise of the happy diners.

I started off with a watermelon infused cocktail, which was stronger than expected but gave me the right buzz to envision a good night rest (mission accomplished). Tressa and I were not too daring and ordered the same entree 10oz hanger steak and shared a side of potato gratin.

Prior to our meal arriving, the server placed a smalll dish of pâté on our table compliments of the chef. Do you ask what type of pâté? Well it was so loud in the restaurant that I was unable to ask the server what he was serving. I also did not want to annoy him any further since we had previously asked him to take a few *wink* pictures of us in advance. The pâté was tasty but I have a void of textures so it was not my favorite. Up next was warm popover bread which could only be described as one word and two syllables - delightful. It was moist ( I hate that word...cringe...LOL!) and melted in my mouth. It's a must try, when visiting.

Once our entrees were delivered, we were at complete silence. The medium prepared flank steak and potato gratin was mouth watering. The overall expereince was satisfactory and I would visit again to try other items on the menu. The value can be pricey but we did not exceed our budget...well at least I hope we didn't.




BLT Steak
1625 I Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20006-4061
(202) 689-8999

1 comments:

Shayla said...

I ate at the BLT in Puerto Rico back in 08. I like it...and actually only tried it because of always passing the BLT in DC. So far I hear nothing but rave reviews!! Good Choice!!

Post a Comment

Meme's Disciples